Founders often come to us looking for funding. Over the course of helping hundreds of founders capitalize their companies, we’ve found that funding is a by-product of being investable.
To us, being investable means:
• You have a clear development roadmap (where are you going and why)
• You have a strong, aligned team (great teams know where they’re going, and are pulling together to get there)
• You have a clear value proposition for investors (knowing and being able to explain how to make investors money)
• Strong communication skills (you know how to communicate your company’s value to your team, your investors, and your market)
• You are coachable (you know how to learn from advisers, your market, and your customers)
• You know your risks, and you share them authentically (and have plans to mitigate them)
We work with founders through these issues to help them become more investable.